Ad

DEADPOOL 3 Director Shawn Levy Says He Regrets Letting the Studio Force His R-Rated Movie THE INTERNSHIP to a PG-13

Director Shawn Levy is responsible for some pretty great comedies, family films, and captivating series over the years like Just Married, Night at the Museum, Date Night, Free Guy, and Stranger Things. His upcoming Deadpool 3, which will be his first in the franchise, will be his hardest R aside from his 2014 dark family dramedy, This is Where I Leave You. But that’s not for lack of trying.

Levy directed the 2013 comedy The Internship, starring Vince Vaughn and Owen Wilson, as two “salesmen whose careers have been torpedoed by the digital age find their way into a coveted internship at Google, where they must compete with a group of young, tech-savvy geniuses for a shot at employment.” It turns out this film was a fight for Levy with the studios. He recently sat down with Collider to talk about Deadpool 3, and he talked about the aspect of The Internship that ended up being his biggest regret of his career:

“One of the few regrets in my career is that I got strong-armed into recutting The Internship from an R to a PG-13. I still regret it because the R-rated version of Vince [Vaughn] and Owen [Wilson] in ‘The Internship’ was way better. And the me of today would not have succumbed like the me of 20, whatever, 12 years ago.”

It sounds like with so many more films under his belt, Levy is more equipped to make the exact movies he sets out to make. He also gave an update on Deadpool 3, saying:

“We are writing, rewriting, developing, prepping ‘Deadpool’ every day now. It is such a blast to laugh every day. It is so delicious to hear and write and come up with these scenes where people are just talking foul. And the violence is in your face and hardcore, and it's very much a ‘Deadpool’ movie. And it has Logan in it. And it has Wolverine in it. It's too fun. I'm having so much fun, and I haven't even hit the shooting floor yet. [...] I have to say, developing a ‘Deadpool’ movie is one of the most fun creative experiences of my life because it's not just that it's rated R. It's that it's so filled with self-awareness, and that makes in-writing very, very fun in a way that is unique to that franchise.”

I can’t wait! I love the Deadpool movies, and I think Levy is a perfect match to take on the next story in the franchise.



from GeekTyrant – Geek Movie and Entertainment News https://ift.tt/y7aH4Cu

Post a Comment

0 Comments