Ad

Daniel Craig Reflects on Getting To Wear a "F**king Stormtrooper Suit" in STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS

The fact that Daniel Craig played a Stormtrooper in Star Wars: The Force Awakens is pretty cool. He requested to be in the film because he’s a Star Wars fan and he ended up playing FN-1824. This was the Stormtrooper that was guarding Daisy Ridley's Rey after she is captured and interrogated by Kylo Ren. This is the Stormtrooper that she taps into The Force to use a Jedi mind trick on.

"You will remove these restraints and leave this cell with the door open," she says. It doesn't work at first, but after a couple of tries, she manages to get him. During a recent interview with Happy Sad Confused podcast, Craig reflected on the time he played a Stormtrooper, and it seemed to be uncomfortable for him:

"I love Star Wars, I wouldn't have asked to be in it otherwise. Ben Dixon, who's an assistant director on those movies and he was an AD on [Spectre] as well, and I was doing fittings. I asked him 'Could I get a part in this?' And he just said let me go and ask. The next day, I was in a fucking stormtrooper suit. I had to wear the thing all day and I couldn't feel my hands by the end of the day. These poor people have to wear them in the desert, I wouldn't have done it if I had to go to Tunisia."

Craig was then asked if we would see his Stormtrooper character again, and was told the name of the character was FN-1824, and Craig joked: "Yes, that role was very dear to me. Is that was the character was called? I tried to get into the next two but no luck."

The actor is uncredited in the role, but he was surprised that his role was more substantial than he thought it would be. He previously shared:

"Thing was, I thought 'background stormtrooper. I mean, I wanted to do that guy that bumps his head in the original one, you know that person who drops his lightsaber or something ...Then I was in a whole fucking scene, I was like, 'OK!' And we did the scene and then I just thought they'll loop me, they'll put another voice on it, you know? Then I had to spend like three hours with [director] JJ [Abrams] on a looping session like doing all the dialogues. Like, 'Really, you want me to do this? Get someone else to do this!'"

The voices of many of the other Stormtroopers were done by Star Wars: The Clone Wars and LucasArts alums. David Collins revealed them in a screenshot of the credits. There you can see names such a Dee Bradley Baker, Dave Filoni, Tom Kane, Matthew Lanter, Meredith Salenger, and more.



from GeekTyrant – Geek Movie and Entertainment News https://ift.tt/Aw0U5TO

Post a Comment

0 Comments