Ad

CREED Spinoff Film DRAGO is Moving Forward at MGM with a Script From Robert Lawton

MGM is moving forward with a Creed spinoff film titled Drago, and there’s a script that was written y Robert Lawton. Not plot details have been shared, but it will focus on the Russian boxer Ivan Drago, portrayed by Dolph Lundgren as well as his son Viktor Drago (Florian Munteanu), both of which were previously seen in Creed II.

When previously talking about a deleted scene from Creed II in which audiences would have seen a fight between Rocky and Drago, he mentioned that there was talk of a Drago spinoff saying:

"I thought it was a good moment. It was also a fan moment. It was a quick little fight, and I thought it worked. But the director [Stephen Caple Jr.] and MGM felt that it was extraneous and that it didn't add anything. By the way, I think there's some talk about doing a whole spinoff on Drago with MGM. So you may get more of that."

I like the character Drago and I especially thought his story arc in Creed II was great. I was hoping to see his story continue, so it’s awesome to see that MGM is looking to tell that. The spinoff is sure to play with and expand on the plot threads that were included in Creed II. Obviously, Drago’s relationship with his son and his country Russia will play big a part in the story. Lundgren previously shared:

"Well, when I played the character, I did a backstory about how he was brought up by the state and they controlled him. He didn't have much say. He wasn't really an evil person; he was just a product of the system. He's Frankenstein's monster. He's not Dr. Frankenstein; that was the Soviet Union. So I always played that, and some of that came across in '85. A little bit of something came across because in the next picture, I was not playing a villain. So some of it was there even then. Sly and I are friends, but now, I guess he wanted to show the other side of the character. So I'm sure I'll enjoy it."

The screenwriter of the film won a Nicholl Fellowship in 2021 for a spec script he wrote titled Becoming Rocky, which examined the making of the Sylvester Stallone franchise. He also wrote, directed and starred in the 2006 rom-com Sex & Sushi.

Michael B. Jordan is directing and starring in Creed 3, which will be released on November 23rd. What do you think about the Drago spinoff film?

Source: Deadline



from GeekTyrant – Geek Movie and Entertainment News https://ift.tt/1PmcZA0

Post a Comment

0 Comments